Monday, June 27, 2011

One thing that has changed for the better since the apocalypse is that I'm putting myself out there a lot more. I've been making plans with people, trying to build new friendships and strengthen neglected ones.

I put everything into that relationship. I realize now how dangerous that is. If nothing else, this has been a much needed learning experience. When you put all of your expectations and desires onto one person/one relationship, happiness is simply impossible.

I've been doing things that I haven't really done in over a year--reading, spending more time with my family, writing--and it feels really good.

I'm not going to sit here and say I'm not still heartbroken, or that I don't wish I could fix things. It's definitely been a wake-up call.

I do wish I'd realized how important it is to maintain a separate identity much earlier. But it is what it is.

No comments: