Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Enraged

I've been OK for the past 3 weeks without a car. Despite being highly inconvenient, my parents and I have been making it work--dropping people off, switching around schedules when possible, etc. I don't have much of a social life, so that wasn't a big deal.

Three weeks ago, I was told it would be a week. Fine. A week passed. We called. It would be another 3 days. Fine. 3 days passed. We called. "It will be ready in another week." Now I start getting annoyed. I replace my frustration with hope. The new date is approaching and I'm looking forward to being able to leave immediately after I get out of work instead of having to wait for someone to pick me up like a 14 year old.

Today was judgment day. I sat down next to my mom on the couch. She picked up the phone and looked at me. "I'm going to be so pissed if it's not ready," I laughed. I was happy at this point because I figured "well, it's already been in the shop for approximately 70 decades, so there's no way it WON'T be ready today." We're put on hold. The mechanic finally gets on the phone. My mom's smile fades. She hangs up. "Well...the parts haven't come in yet. He says once the parts come in, it will be all set."

I start to pace around the living room. In a towel. I'm foaming at the mouth. Tears begin to spill over my eyelids. I run upstairs, seething with anger. I start laughing like a maniac.

And then I create this:



Oddly enough, I feel much better now.

1 comment:

Tina Marie said...

I love the image you created! Very Expressionist!