Sunday, February 6, 2011

I had such strange dreams last night.

I was in this alternate reality (it resembles one I dreamt about a while ago). It was this wide stretch of farmland, and everyone had to plant crops. I was alone. It was apparently the "big day," but it was nameless. We all had to stand by our small pieces of land and bring what we had grown up to whoever/whatever was judging us. I started walking to my plot, thinking "yours is number 173, don't forget." When I got there, I realized that I had planted my seeds, but nothing ever grew. I felt helpless. I turned to the woman next to me and showed her what my land had produced--these strange purple and black mushrooms. She smiled at me sadly and said "those will not do...I'm sorry." I knew then that I would be sent "elsewhere," which meant execution. I walked past all the plots, which was forbidden, and I stood there waiting to die. Clouds starting rolling in--clouds like cotton candy, purple and pink and blue, clouds like all the fantasies you create as a little girl--and not even they could bring me joy. I don't know what happened next.

1 comment:

Jared said...

You were on the live-action Farmville reality show and you had to turn in your gardening boots and be eliminated.

No dying!