Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New

I was a little apprehensive about the three of us hanging out, but I'm so glad it happened. I was worried that there would be jealousy issues, or that I would feel like the 3rd wheel, or that we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

But honestly, it was the best night I've had in the longest time. It felt good to be around genuinely nice, fun people. It felt good to set the ham plant aflame and throw it into the Atlantic. It felt good to smoke and laugh for hours about Hamlet 2/feeling like Mr. Ed. It felt good to really connect and trust another female.

And then, the sun started to rise. We walked outside and the ocean was right there. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. It felt like a dream.

As we walked back inside, I realized something: I am happy. I don't know where I am, or where I'm going. I don't know what the future holds. But I know that there are oceans and group hugs and acceptance and new friends and late nights and Jeopardy. And as long as those things exist, there is nothing to regret.

No comments: