Sunday, May 22, 2011

Trip

So I get home from work, high as a kite, and start cutting up some peppers to make Southwestern eggrolls. I turn my red bell pepper over and see a weird green thing peeking out. My heart sinks. I realize it's not moving, and it almost looks like a green bell pepper growing inside the red bell pepper. I look at it again and think it might possibly be a baby snake...or even worse, a huge fat green worm. I run over to the computer and google this phenomenon, and sure enough, someone else has come across it.

I especially love this comment: "A pepper baby! The first time I ever saw one, I was 19 years old and cooking dinner while tripping my brains out (this was a Very Long Time Ago). It was... freaky. I've seen hundreds and hundreds of pepper babies since then, and every time I get a little shivery feeling across my scalp remembering my first."

It's comforting to know I'm not the only ulcer on society freaking out about a bell pepper baby worm/alien/growth/tumor.

No comments: