Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wishes & Haikus

Wishes:
. I wish I had a little sister.
. I wish I could paint, or draw, or knit.
. I wish I could manage my anger, or at least find the source of it.
. I wish I had a way to make new friends.
. I wish I could be more rational about things.
. I wish I could live inside your head for a day.
. I wish I had a slouchy knit cap to wear in the fall.
. I wish I worried less and smiled more.
. I wish I knew how to be a better person.

Haikus:

i want a boy who
is charmed by choppy haikus
scribbled on my palm

you wrote with me once
miss the way i felt and i
fear it won't return

fumble with my purse
as you roll your eyes and sigh
the tension scares me

warm bath city air
fixated by the fire
a man flings flowers

i will never know
anything except your heart
its beat fills my ear

shuffle to the door
i weep for unknown reasons
collapse to the floor

strangers lurk outside
i hear knock at door and run
my mind is unkind

better this morning
hope one day soon you'll fall in
love with me again

1 comment:

inaeroplanes said...

i'll teach you how to paint! also it's not good to say i wish.