Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bright

I had my first day of classes yesterday. I'd forgotten how much I missed school. My first class was aesthetics (Matt's in my class), and I made him come to campus a half hour early so I wouldn't have to walk in alone/in front of other people. He wasn't thrilled, but he conceded after I agreed to buy him lunch. We sat in awkward silence until the professor came in. I kept wanting to laugh, but I didn't. Our professor has the cutest accent, and he says the word "sex" as much as possible. Perfection.

After aesthetics, I plucked my eyebrows in the parking lot, which Matt didn't appreciate. I made him come to my English class with me, so he did. And then he left to go to his class. My English professor is quite possibly my favorite person ever. She's vibrant and quirky and dramatic, and she hates forced poetry. A woman after my own heart! This class is the first course for all English majors/concentrations, so everyone there enjoys the subject, which is fabulous. I always feel so comfortable in English classes.

I have this massive gap between English and my next class (4 hours), so I went to visit mom at the store. I helped her cover the service desk break, and then we went to lunch. After that, I went to the off-campus bookstore and purchased 9000 books. I still had 2 hours to kill, so I went to Prospect Park and started reading Nine Stories. A lady walking a dog noticed what I was reading and told me all about her favorite story. She was lovely, and her dog was adorable.

At 4, I had Schooling in a Democratic Society, which is my first education course. It's a 4 hour class, which seemed daunting, but it ended up passing by with relative swiftness. We're required to complete 15 hours of service learning in a Providence public school, which I'm excited about. Guess what we have to do to document and reflect upon this assignment? Write a blog! You have no idea how thrilled I was.

It is September 1st, which marks the meteorological start of fall! I do believe a celebration honoring the autumnal equinox is in order on the 22nd. ;)

1 comment:

HiQKid (Alex) said...

Please note that the 22nd is exactly one week after my 20th birthday. Also the day "Daisy" is supposed to be released.

We are totally doing something in that time frame.

Love, some silly fool